This week we have made several improvements regarding performance, accessibility, and GIS integration.
- Bluebeam integration has been completed and we can now support both Adobe Acrobat/Reader and Bluebeam Revu plan viewing, and commenting systems.
- Reviewers can now easily overlay and compare documents versions.
- Making text comments on a plan sheet now automatically creates a matching open issue.
- Deleting text comments on a plan sheet now automatically removes the matching open issue.
- Automatic and manual document repair functionality is now available.
- Automatic and manual reduce file size functionality is now available.
- Document markups can now be automatically flattened when a review cycle is completed, or manually flattened at any time.
- Manual unflatten feature is now available.
- ESRI GIS integration has been completed allowing us to improve the user experience for both applicants and administrators on electronic plan review submittals. We can now auto-suggest addresses, parcels, as well as pull GIS layer information based on location.
- The document manager and file upload module have been completely rewritten in HTML5. This was done as a strategic move to move away from Adobe Flash. Due to the security concerns of flash, and an increasing number of browsers and devices no longer supporting it we have migrated all existing functionality into a newer technology. This results in faster page loading, better security, and improved user experience in mobile devices such as iPad and iPhone.
- Administrators can now edit plan review application data on a single page instead of stepping through the applicants view. This should save time when an administrator needs to make a minor change to the application.
- Application form manager has been updated to provide more flexibility when creating permit application forms for electronic plan review and permitting.
- Email system has been improved to allow emails to be addressed to more than 50 recipients.
- Improved legacy support for IE 8+